Wednesday, June 17, 2015

My Life as a White Trash Zombie

My Life as a White Trash Zombie
Author Diana Rowland
Published 2011

I know, judging a book by its cover is not always fair. There could be a really good story behind a really not so great cover, and in that case the title, or the description on the back has to have something of substance in order for me to want to read it.

In this case, the front cover of this book is what initially piqued my interest. THAT and the title.

What did I think about the book?

Very interesting book. The author projects the main character, who obviously becomes a zombie, as more of a intelligible person and not as the frenzied, brain eating zombies we all are more familiar with. For the majority of the book, she has NO IDEA who made her into this new being. Although she does learn how to control her zombie urges.

The author definitely did an excellent job with the timeline. Anything mentioned in the first few characters that may throw you off, are explained towards the ending chapters. It has a bit of mystery to it on that aspect.

For anyone with a VERY weak stomach, I wouldn't suggest this book to you because there are moments where they describe gruesome details very accurately.

The job that the main character has, the author must have done her research beforehand. Either that or she's just that damn good at writing. Probably both. :)

There is a bit of a love story involved, but it does not stand out as any romance novel would. Also, there are no sex scenes, and for that, I was disappointed, BUT I do not regret picking this book up to read.

Overall Rating: (out of 5 stars)
4- It was reeeeally good, but personally, I want more romance and more action.

1 comment:

  1. Totally want to borrow this book! You made it seem even more interesting through this review then you were telling me :)

    ReplyDelete