Monday, June 22, 2015

The Alliance ☆☆Wattpad Review☆☆

The Alliance
Author Lisa Douglas
293,000 views

I know this book has not been thoroughly edited as of yet. Although, you don't really pay much attention to that as you're reading. So....

What did I think of this book?

I enjoyed it very much. It's a bit longer than the other ones I've read before. And actually, this is the second time I've read this one.

I love how the author plays out the histories of the characters and the history of the story. There are so many different characters in this book, many that you may find yourself getting attached to easily. There are two kinds of vampires, Elites and Dark Ones. As well as werewolves, augars (witches), Nephillims, and hybrids.

There's a bit of a love story with the main two characters, Trinity and Ambrose, but there's also a few others as well. I found it quite confusing trying to keep up with what was going on between Trinity and Ambrose though. In a way, it seemed like it was more or less like a game of ping pong, going back and forth. Not very entertaining. Actually, quite annoying. Although it never stopped me from continuing to read further.

There's another series that I will be doing reviews on down the road called The Not So Secret Life of Helena Callahan. After reading The Alliance, I sense an influence from the Helena Callahan series in this book. There are a lot of similarities and differences. The most prominent similarity being the actions, attitude, and personality traits of the main character, Trinity. I could be wrong in that the author did not use Helena Callahan as an influence on her main character, but I really don't see much difference either to make me think otherwise.

There's a second book following this one, which I will be reading and reviewing next. This first book leaves you at a chiffhangar, so stay tuned!!

Overall Rating: (out of 5 stars)
4- I enjoyed it before, as much as I enjoyed it this time, but it's still not quite a perfect 5 yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment